Lexmark x5250 issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

SYL\X/3K

I know <html>, do you?
one of the printers iv been working on has a weird issue.
When you print a voice says and shows that no connection is available between the computer and the printer. so these are the things i tried:
- reinstalling lexmark driver 6 times
- tried 3 different usb cables
- tried different usb ports
- reseting the printer, unplugging/plugging usb to printer
- calling those Lexmark support foreigners

The thing is that its recognized everywhere in the computer for e.g when you click on Printers and faxes it shows up bold, Device Manager : recognized in port usb001

The support technician is a amateur dumn a55 and didnt help anything but tell me to unplug and plug the usb 50 times and restarting the computer. 1hr waisted with him -.-

So pretty much its recognized everywhere but when it comes to printing a pop up with a voice says " connection not available between computer/printer "

any ideas? i was thinking something when wrong with the registry

Drivers most likely. Disconnect the printer, remove the software and uninstall the drivers. Then try again using a different usb port.

also if you have a registry cleaner, it may help to run that agter uninstalling the software and driver, so it cleans out the crap so it's not leaving a trail. good Luck!

Drivers most likely. Disconnect the printer, remove the software and uninstall the drivers. Then try again using a different usb port.

DID that already couple times still nothing, gets recognized everywhere but when it comes to printing a pop up come up and says " Communication Not available"

also if you have a registry cleaner, it may help to run that agter uninstalling the software and driver, so it cleans out the crap so it's not leaving a trail. good Luck!

Well i tried that once after i uninstalled it, then i restarted the system, and tried again installing it but no luck

its my cousins computer and he said it worked before like couple weeks ago, i went on his computer and spotted 4 Trojans Quarantined in the anti-virus program.

could that might of corrupted something? im running out of ideas .......
i might start looking at formating , pain in the ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom