Lenovo Thinkvision blackline trouble

lenovotrouble

Beta member
I have a black line that starts at the top of the monitor and extends almost to the bottom. It is about a quarter of an inch thick at the top and gets more narrow as it goes down the screen. It appeared out of nowhere. There is some other discolored pixels on either side of it. The line does not show up on the laptop screen it is connected to. You can still see the black outline of the line when the monitor is turned off.

I tried a dead pixel restore test but it did not work.

Anybody know what's up??

Thanks a million! Really don't want to have to replace it.

Unfortunately, sounds like you're going to have to replace it. If it's still there when the monitor is off, then it's definitely not a dead pixel issue, it's a physical issue with the panel. Sounds like the panel itself is busted; sounds like the panel is cracked honestly. Did you hit it or bump into it recently?

I don't recall hitting it but there are others living in the house so I'll have to ask around... could be someone knocked it over and isn't saying something.

Here is a link to a pic... not sure if that helps. Sounds like I might have to take it in. No warranty anymore unfortunately.

http://i1379.photobucket.com/albums/ah147/lenovotrouble/lenovo_zpsoxwjamrw.jpg

Normally a bad driver would leave black lines, but there would be more constancy with the line pattern and dead pixels are random areas of the screen... this looks like its been knocked, can you see any visible dents or marks? or notice the monitor has been moved abit?

Maybe your right, someone doesn't want to man up..

Back
Top Bottom