Left Mouse Button not working properly? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 05-24-2008, 05:48 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Left Mouse Button not working properly?

I normally press my left mouse button lightly when using it, but I think it broke as of today. I have to press much harder than usual for it to work which is very hard to get use to, especially when I'm online gaming and I end up dying or something due to me not pressing the left mouse button hard enough. I tried unplugging and replugging it back in, and tried it out with slower and faster mouse settings, but it hasn't made a difference.

I'm not quite sure what kind of mouse I have but under the mouse there's a tag that labels it as: Mouse-in-a-box Optical Pro. It's not a wireless and I've had it for a long time.

I kind've had this problem for a while, except it wasn't as bad. The only real problem I've had up until now was that I've never really been able to hold the left button down to highlight sentence or something.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

Old 05-24-2008, 08:23 AM   #2 (permalink)
Send a message via MSN to Redmo0n
Default Re: Left Mouse Button not working properly?

Maybe buy a new mouse?

They are really cheap, Newegg.com - Logitech MX310 930928-0403 Black/White 6 Buttons 1 x Wheel USB + PS/2 Wired Optical Mouse - Mouse seems to be alright for work use and gaming.

Or you could get something more expensive like a g5.

Back to stay?
Old 05-24-2008, 09:14 AM   #3 (permalink)
Send a message via AIM to ohGrFreak Send a message via Yahoo to ohGrFreak
Default Re: Left Mouse Button not working properly?

It's not a software problem, so unplugging and plugging it back in and changing settings won't help.

Buy a new mouse, and keep it clean. Odd I know, but a clean mouse actually does increase longevity.
Closed Thread