LED monitor, is it damaged?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rob4256

Beta member
So i just got the samsung syncmaster bx2350 delivered this morning, but the courier dropped the package before handing it over! i made him wait and briefly made sure there was no visible damage which there was not.

anyway i turned it on to see if it was alright and the picture seems fine, no areas look at all damaged.

anyway i was just standing above the monitor and had a white blank page open and looking directly down i can sort of see a patchy area like 6" by about 3", the patches are whiter white and they're sort of diagonal ovals, not much bigger than a few mil long individually (they are parallel to backslash \ )

is this normal? or has the monitor been damaged by the drop?
it was from about hip height and was obviously still packaged so im sure the shock was absorbed but i want to make sure this wont cause a future problem

again i cant see this if i look head on, only if i stand above it and look down

This may help you.

Viewing Angle
When you look at an LCD monitor from an angle, the image can look dimmer or even disappear. Colors can also be misrepresented. To compensate for this problem, LCD monitor makers have designed wider viewing angles. (Do not confuse this with a widescreen display, which means the display is physically wider.) Manufacturers give a measure of viewing angle in degrees (a greater number of degrees is better). In general, look for between 120 and 170 degrees. Because manufacturers measure viewing angles differently, the best way to evaluate it is to test the display yourself. Check the angle from the top and bottom as well as the sides, bearing in mind how you will typically use the display.

It is completely normal.

You have to spend literally thousands to get a perfectly even image. 99.5% of monitors are going to have back-light bleed, uneven luminosity, color bias's in certain parts of the screen.

There are of course acceptable and unacceptable levels, proportional to how expensive the monitor was.

If you look for image flaws in a monitor (which you will of done after knowing it was dropped) you will spot them. You will on any monitor if you try.

alright so basically its normal, think ill go to a shop and have a look at similar models in the same way to see if its the same. thanks for the advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom