LCD TV Distorted Image - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 11-11-2006, 07:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
Content Team
Default LCD TV Distorted Image

I just bought a 32" Samsung LCD Display and I've been having intense problems trying to connect my laptop to it... Basically, no matter what i do, the image is stretched horizontally. The manual says that optimum resolution is 1360x768. This resolution causes the desktop to fit vertically, but not horizontally. When i move the mouse to the edges of the screen, the desktop will scroll over in the appropriate direction, which is something that i have never seen before. It appears as though this resolution would be perfect, if only it would compact in the horizontal direction to fit the TV screen

The video is SiS M70 GX. I had to update the drivers in order to get the 1360x768 resolution.

Any help would be much appreciated, because im very close to returning the stupid TV. Thanks Everyone.

Old 11-11-2006, 09:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
Content Team

Problem Update: The only resolution that fits on the TV screen is 1024x768. Any other resolution gives only lets me see part of the desktop, and i have to pan around to see the rest of it. It seems now that this is the case with my laptop screen as well! The only resolution that fits is the one i just mentioned... even if the TV is unplugged from it. Very strange. Is there any way to force the desktop to fit the screen... even if it means distorting the image? Thanks Again
Closed Thread