LCD-TFT Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

originate

Solid State Member
OK, little background story:

I've been buying Samsung screens for years. I've had one since LCD-TFT's first hit out in the mainstream (a 17" cost me almost a grand). Now, my next screen was a Samsung as well (purchased over a year ago). I haven't had problems with either screens - the original is still being used by a relative and is running just fine after 6-7 years!

And now comes today: I went through two Samsung screens: the 931BW and the 206BW and both have had stuck pixels. I tried the "tapping" method, the "massaging method," even several different programs that flash the RBG colours on the spot or the entire screen. On top of that, I was even desperate enough to try power cycling the monitor. To no avail, none of the methods have worked. Of course Samsung won't RMA it and neither will the store; not enough stuck/dead pixels.

To be perfectly honest, I could ignore the pixel and carry on without it, but it really bothers me that I pay good, hard earned money for a faulty product. I do not care what any of the companies say - a monitor should not have these problems and just because they don't want to give a 0 pixel guarantee is no reason to sell products with sub-par quality assurance. If their previous models didn't give problems, but their new products do, it leads me to believe that their product quality is going down hill [MASS PRODUCTION].

I will never buy another Samsung screen again. I repeat, I will NEVER buy another Samsung screen again. They have lost a life-long customer.

I know a pixel here and there might not be a big issue, but it's the principle. You may good money for a product that is supposed to have high-quality, and you end up getting screwed 2 monitors in a row (within days of each other).

If anyone has any suggestions or any resolution, please feel free to let me know!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom