LCD Monitor Problem! URGENT!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

T0t

In Runtime
When I bought my PC I bought an LCD monitor aswell. Now, I'm not sure if this is normal with LCD monitors, but it seems to flicker/blink alot when playing games. For example, when playing an online game such as Counter-Strike and theres alot of gunfire, the screen flickers/blinks alot. Or if I move turn or move too fast in game, it flickers/blinks. Is this normal with LCD displays? Below are my monitor and system specs

Monitor/Display:
NEC 17" TFT LCD Monitor. Additional Monitor Info: Contrast Ratio= 400:1, Resolution= SXGA 1280x1024 Max, Currently at 60Hz(MAX of 75Hz), Response Time=16 ms, Dot Pitch= .264 mm, Color Depth= 24-bit (16.7M Colors), Input Connector= 15-pin D-sub

CPU SPECS:
Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2
AMD Athlon 64 3200+
Abit KV8 Pro Via-K8T800 MotherBoard
ATI Radeon 9800 PRO 128mb Video Card
512 mb Kingston DDR-400 PC3200 RAM
Maxtor 160 GB 7200 RPM 8MB S-ATA Hard Drive
Orion 420Watt PowerSupply
2 8x8 Case Sleeve Fans
Sony 16x DVD-Drive
NEX 8x +/- DVD-RW Drive
1.44MB Floppy Drive
Tempature/Thermal Meter
6 In 1 Card Reader
1 Blue Cold-Cathode Neon Light

Thanks

Ensure you have the correct drivers for your monitor. LCD's are more picky than your average CRT. I had similar problems with a NEC monitor but a driver update fixed everything. No doubt NEC will have the correct driver on their website

I see. Well my monitor is plug and play. Didn't come with a driver CD or anything of the sort... Doesn't that mean it uses 0 drivers?

I'm guessing the constant flickers/blinking isn't normal?

Any way to fix all this?

Well, this is a tech help forum. Thus, me asking for help here. Ive searched around the website, but Im not experienced like most of you. I still need some help once in a while aswell.

Look at the back of the monitor. There should be some specifications there. Sounds like you games are changing the refresh rate on the monitor causing the problem. If you can't find it, go to Display CP> Advanced> Monitor (or one of the tabs there) and see what your normal (windows desktop) refresh rate is, and set your games accordingly. LCDs get angry when you use their non-native refresh rate, which is usually 60, 70 or 75 Hz.

It isn't ghosting. Ghosting is where the image smears slightly on the screen when something moves. It sounds more like a V-sync problem.

Ah, hold on guys. I'll show you guys screenshots of my 3d settings. I always leave everything at default. Never change any AA, AF, Vsync, etc. settings. BTW, I dont think Steam games(Counter-Strike, Day Of Defeat, Half-Life, etc.) have a refresh rate option available. I'm currently running at 60hz. I posted all possible specification in my first post. I'll copy and repaste though.

NEC 17" TFT LCD Monitor. Additional Monitor Info: Contrast Ratio= 400:1, Resolution= SXGA 1280x1024 Max, Currently at 60Hz(MAX of 75Hz), Response Time=16 ms, Dot Pitch= .264 mm, Color Depth= 24-bit (16.7M Colors), Input Connector= 15-pin D-sub

ScreenShots:
untitled1copy0su.jpg

untitled1232210jw.jpg

-Make sure you u play those games in native resolution. (1280x1024)
-Make sure u uninstall old and install newest ati drivers
-Make sure you leave refresh rate at monitor's suggested level or you could damage it
-Turn on v-sync in games like HL2 and let us know if better
-Or turn on v-sync through card settings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom