LCD HDTV/Monitor. Blurry text

Status
Not open for further replies.

-zorph-

Beta member
Hello all, this is my first post on these forums. I just wanted to ask this question.

I recently purchased a : 24" LCD HDTV / Monitor for use as a monitor, but I have a few serious questions.

Well currently at the time of righting this post I am using the above monitor, and I have to squint to even read my text.

Some details:
Native resolution is 1920 x 1080, but I had to manually change it to 1828 x 1030 for it all to be within the screen (at native, things were outside).

I am using a HDMI cable to connect my monitor to my Nvidia Geforce GTS 250

Seeing as it is a good connection (HDMI) with a good resolution and 1080p, not to meniton the good video card it shouldn't be like this.

The text is so unbearable to read that I have to squint and be really close to even read what I am typing right now. The text just doesn't look right, it is very blurry and fuzzy looking. Everything else is mostly fine as far as pictures and videos and stuff, but there is like a white-border esque to the text and small images. I tried changing the sharpness and other various settings on the TV / Monitor but that didn't help anything.

If somebody could help me to make my new LCD TV (that I use as a monitor...) to look good and have the text clear please let me know!

Answers highly appreciated, thanks!

There is no display properties in my control panel, is there somewhere else to find this screen? Thanks.

Vista 64-bit, I am still not setting this?

Ok I found where to adjust the DPI. I tried a higher setting and although the text gets bigger it is still very fuzzy and blurry and I don't really know how to explain this but it... Had too much white in the text? Like it isn't outlined good enough.

I know I shouldn't bump so much, but I really need help solving this issue and it is almost unbearable to use my pc.

Why is the text so non-outlined and blurry? Shouldn't it be good quality with my resolution, video card, and HDMI?

Thanks for links, however I think it may have to do with the fact that the resolution isn't native. But when I do native most of the desktop is outside of the screen. So how do i fix this? BTW ClearType was already on so it didn't fix anything. Thanks anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom