LCD drivers updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

naash

Baseband Member
Thanks in advance for helping me here.

I asked many questions here before. I have few answers as well now. I was trying to save few $$ by asking here question as it is tough job market these days.

I was not trying to reboot and turn off notebook all the time. I only did it perhaps 2 or 3 times since this problem started as I did not know what was happening.

Good News: Regarding hard drive is dead or not.

I attached my HP notebook to an external monitor and it worked. I was able to start my compter. On the BIOS screen there were 4 options.

Safe mode
safe mode with connection
safe mode with proper command

start window normally

I choose safe mode. Once up, it was weird screen with lowest screen resolution which I could not change. I manually dragged my data from folders to the my external hard drive so very happy here. I think I got all of my data which I can remember.

Bad News

I have been using windows vista internal software to back up data automatically every week. My mistake was I never checked if it is done properly. I checked every thing (like music, documents etc) in the security suite. But when I clicked on the back up files. It did NOT have any Zip files at all. All it has was one folder with folder after folders inside. In the end, in music section all I have was 1 or 2 music files in each week. Same was true for other things like pictures, and documents. There were just no zip files at all. From every week backup folder has 5 or 7 folder which I talked about in my earlier threads.

Q1. When back up is done via vista, does it back up only new information since last backup or it does whole back up? From my experience vista was not doing whole backup every week. Any way I am safe here as I got my data.

Since I got computer running on external monitor, I assume hard drive is fine. Is that assumption correct or not necessarily?[/B

Boot up issues.

As I said earlier, I was able to boot up in safe mode, then I tried other options, I was able to boot up from all options except Start Windows normally which led to shut down and restart of computer.

LCD screen of computer is still not working. I checked within computer system and it was stating all drivers for vedio cards, hard drives etc are up to date. I did connect to the internet but I could not get drivers in the Safe mode. I was able to download but no installation.

Q. Does in the Safe mode compter allows you to download and install the drivers?

Now how do I know if this is driver issue or LCD is dead? Should I use restore DVD which came with the computer?

I will say this once again. Last time.

I told you to have someone listen to the noise for a reason. If it was the drive the repeating of turning on and off of the drive would have KILLED IT. Dead. No chance for recovery at all.

You kept on insisting that you had to hook it up to a external source to find out if it was the drive. I was trying to save you if it was. If it turned out to be the drive and you killed it with this repeated on/off you would have come back asking how to get data off of a dead drive instead.

Do you understand now why i said what i said? There was no mis-communication on my part. I was trying to save your drive if it was dying for you to get data off of it. You insisted on trying to destroy it more.

Use Safe Mode with networking. I bet you will find your answers then...

Thanks Mak:

I already used safe mode with networking to copy my data. What is best solution, download drivers from HP website or use restore DVD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom