LCD display problem - missing a couple bit of color? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 07-24-2006, 02:06 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default LCD display problem - missing a couple bit of color?

Hi everyone! I have a minor problem with my LCD monitor. For a few tones of colors, the LCD displays a pinkish color. For instance, when you open up the "My Computer" window in XP, there's a menu to the left with a blue background where the tone vary slightly vertically (lighter on top, darker on bottom). Well my LCD displays a pinkish bar across that background for a certain tonal range of blue. Actually it's not limited to blue but I think you get the idea.

It's not that big of an issue for normal websurfing, but it does show up more often when I'm watching movies with the pinkish pixels sort of flickering around the screen.

I noticed this problem started to show up after I spent a weekend playing really hard on a new game. It's a scrolling game, so I'm not sure if it's like producing image persistence though I did notice the game display flickers slightly. I'm not sure if it's the cause, but I did notice that the problem got worse the more I play the game. So as a precaution I don't play the game anymore.

So any idea what is wrong with my monitor? More importantly, does it look like it's going to be permanent? Any input would be much appreciated. The LCD monitor is a Viewsonic VA712b. Video card is Geforce 4 Ti4200. Processor is P4 2.4Ghz with 512 MB RAM.

Old 07-24-2006, 02:08 AM   #2 (permalink)
True Techie

maybe your video card is becoming outdated bu im not familiar with that model so it might just be a temporary monitor phase

Old 07-27-2006, 03:38 AM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

At first I replugged the wire and it seemed fine for a while. But the problem showed up again after a few days, and this time simply reconnecting the wires don't work anymore. You think it's the video card's problem?
Closed Thread