LCD and CRT question

Status
Not open for further replies.

leonardmp92

Daemon Poster
Hello,

1. How long should a CRT monitor last?

2. How long should a LCD monitor last?

3. I just bought a new LCD monitor, but cant use it for a while...will leaving it in the box in my air conditioned house decrease the life?

4. Same for a CRT...if I leave it in my air conditioned house in a box, will it decrease the life?

What I want to do is use my CRT monitor until it dies (maybe 2-3 yrs), then use my newly bought LCD monitor.

Thanks all!

Typically the CRT will out live the LCD.

As to which one I would use, it would depend one what you are using for. If you are into games go with the CRT, it will still better. If your not into games go with the LCD and keep the other as a spare.

Thanks! If I keep the new LCD in the box...will I use up its "life" just sitting in the box unused? Same question with the CRT...if I box up the CRT, will it deteriorate and use up it's "life"?

If I keep the LCD and CRT in the box and not use them, does this hurt them? Or will this time count on it's "life"?

If you do not use it and keep it in a good environment (no watter, no roaches), it should not hurt them but electronics stays functioning if used once in a while. There are resistors and betteries in the monitor that has to get power. So if you do not use a monitor for 5 years, it might not work.

If you are into games go with the CRT, it will still better.

This was true of earler LCDs, but the newer ones today are much better. Response times have shrunk to the point that the human eye can't tell the difference.

I know I will never willingly go back to a CRT, period.

How about for my CRT...its been used for about 4 yrs, if I pack it in a box, will I "freeze" it's life, so that I can pull it out of the box about 4 yrs later (when my LCD supposedly dies) and use it just like it was never used?

Thanks!

if you put it in a box, free of moisture, in decent home environment, then...

it's life span would not deteriorate...

Trotter said:
I know I will never willingly go back to a CRT, period.

I agree completely

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom