the last standby...HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
lastnight i put my computer off into standby and came back to it about an hour later, it was still on, but the power light was off, not flashing or nothing, the hard drive light was stuck on , and it would not come out of standby. i turned it off over the night and plugged it back in and tried again, and ARGH!! same thing again, no power light, hd light on, no display, no beeps, i even took ram out and still didnt have ne beeps. help ne1? i already pulled the cmos battery and dissconnected it from everything , and that didnt work either. im planning on buying a new mobo in a month or so, but i would like to keep this one, as it going into an xbox....(the mobo is a trigem.inc cognac) for a hp pavilion 7940(p3 1.0 ghz model)

another thing, when i disconnected my harddrives the hdd light turned off, so i dont think the mobo is completely fired, if it is at all. i also tried 2 different monitors on it, yet still blank

rip it aint. its resting in the bottom of a trash can....yea its gone, the hd light circut is shorted, powerswitch is useless, processor still good, goin in the pc im using right now, the ram is good, and i gotta love that power stuply. its smaller than a matx power supply, bout by half, and its 350 watt. i always thought it was 250. well i guess i gotta figure out newegg.com now, even tho i am a huge fan of compusa.com....well thanks for the help, that was the best pc in the house too, now im stuck usin this craptastic 366 celeron thats oc'ed to 500, but soon to have a 1.0 ghz oce'd to 1.6 ghz...gotta love aopen and their flex processor technology!!!

speaking of, i got an indestructible cube...its the transformer off of an old stereo from the 70's and its about 4x4 inches and its about 20 pounds and its indestructible. cant destroy it, tried everything, even a jackhammer....thats always fun, get on roof, drop it on it, it put a crack in the concrete....but yea that mobo is trash, ill give a link to the new system im puttin together, (note i got the powersupply already and the case, hp pavilion 7940, or put it in an xbox case that will take a matx)

link: http://www.compusa.com/shop/wish_list.asp?sid=FA2424FDCC8246B6AFA2514669AA174B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom