Laptop won't turn on, no lights, no fans.

wtfspiderpig

Solid State Member
I have a Toshiba Satellite (about 2 years old) and for the life of me, I can't figure out what' s going on.

Here's what I do know:

I used a multimeter to test the voltage of the power port on the connector that plugs into the motherboard. I'm getting 19volts which is what it's supposed to be at.

I have replaced the bios battery - nothing

I have held down the power for 60 seconds with it unplugged - nothing

I've tried running on a/c power only - nothing

Possibly the most confusing thing - I was fiddling with the network adapter (the internal pci one - not the usb kind) because after tearing it apart and putting it back together so many times I was trying literally everything - I switched out the network card. (I realize what little sense this makes) but it turned on. For only about 15-20 seconds but it turned on. 3 times. Then died before it ever fully loaded windows.

I assume there is something on the motherboard around the network card area that I touched that made this happen. But I can't for the life of me figure out what. It has been dead as a doornail for months. And something happened when I touched and swapped out the network card.

*total confusion*

Does a charging light illuminate when you plug in the power brick to show it's providing power to charge the battery?I
If you wiggle the connector from the power brick to the laptop, does the charging light flicker?

Have you attempted to see if it boots up without the wireless card?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom