Laptop won't turn on

Status
Not open for further replies.

macdawg

Daemon Poster
My parents laptop won't turn on. They usually have the power cord constantly plugged in, and they've had it for a couple years.

The power button is blinking blue (we have it set to go in hibernate mode or standby mode so power goes off and power button blinks), the wireless connection light is turned on on the keyboard, the light indicating the power cord is plugged in is on, but when you press the power button absolutely nothing happens won't turn on at all.

At first I thought it was a hard drive issue, but reconsidered after thinking that even if the hard drive crapped out, you don't need a hard drive to get to the bios screen right? Bios stores the bios in the bios......not on the hard drive. Of course we can't even get into the bios.

Any advice?

simply when u hibernate and if the lights are blinking, By pressing it you actually shut it down. Once all lights go off try to restart laptop again.

one last detail - my parents said is was making weird screetching noises.....since the hard drive is the only moving part in a laptop....it makes more since to me to think its the hard drive. Or if it was the hard drive then I'd still be able to go into bios right???

Hard drive may have died but you've also got another problem with either the graphics controller or the laptop's motherboard. Try using an external monitor first. If you still can't see anything on either screen I'd say it's most likely a motherboard or maybe a power supply issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom