laptop trouble no power

Status
Not open for further replies.

carlege

Baseband Member
alright guys first of all my battery went completely dead so i got a new one and the computer worked fine.... then the other day i was working on my computer and it shut off. completely... i reinserted the battery messed with the power chord everything was fine but absolutley no power when pressing the button. so i did what any frustrated person would do i banged it on the desk and tried it again. and this time it worked.. so now when the laptop is jarred and turns off i jarre it again to get it to work i will be removing the underside of it and trying to figure out whats wrong... ill be focusing on the powersupply.... any help would be appreciated. does anyone know if i can replace certain parts of a laptop that might be causing this problem.....

its an ABS Mayhem 3
athlon 64 3400+
1 gig memory

Sounds like a loose connectin in the laptop. My advice? Don't try to fix it, send it back. That a mfg defect and it's covered by the warranty until you void the warranty trying to fix the problem.

Dan

its 3 years old no way warrenty will cover it plus ive already cracked it open a hand full of times i also got a cmos battery warning in bios would that cause it to shut down

after a couple more tries to fix it the laptop started beeping and lights flashing .... so i decided to take it to a computer place... ill let you all know whats causing it when i get the estimate today

not good, either the processor or motherboard has gone bad... banging it dosent even help anymore... powers on but nothing after that like its getting wrong voltage no bios and such off to buy another laptop since i need it for school

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom