Laptop Problem - Help Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaribbeanJoe

Beta member
Hi,

Firstly I would just like to say that if i'm posting in the wrong part of the forum I apologise, i'm new to this place :)

Ok now down to my problem. Everytime I boot my laptop (Acer Aspire 1800) I get the following error message:

Broadcom UNDI PXE-2.1 (Build 082)v7.0.3
Copyright (C) 2003 Broadcom Corporation
Copyright (C) 1997-2000 Intel Corporation
All rights reserved

PXE-E61: Media Test Failure, check cable

PXE-MOF: Exiting Broadcom PXE Rom

My laptop displays this message everytime I boot up and I believe is the cause behind my laptop crashing at frequent intervals. I have contacted Acer and they give me the usual speech about sending it in for repair. They will pick it up for £40 and then give me a further bill for repairing it. They have speculated it may be a faulty motherboard or faulty hard drive.

So I was just wondering if any of you guys could give me any more info on why this is happening? Can I fix this myself? I love computers but i'm not overly confident when it comes to fixing them! If not would it be best to send it into Acer, or could an independent computer repair shop fix the problem.

This problem only occured when I reinstalled my laptop after it was infected with a nasty virus.

Thanks,

Jonny

well it might sound like ur hard drive crapping out but it can also be ur Bios not set correctly
try this:
- clear ur bios my popping out the battery for 2min on ur motherboard
- u might have corrupted boot files on ur Hard drive (aka virus)
- try reseating the hard drive
- and check in ur Bios if all ur drives are detected propery

o ya, welcome to tech forums;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom