Laptop not charging

DeeKay

Beta member
So a few weeks ago I had an issue with my laptop where turning it on would leave the screen black, despite the on button being green meaning it was active. A few weeks later I got the laptop back from HP all fixed and working, only to find that it wasn't charging. I checked the status and saw that it wasn't even showing up as plugged in. Furthermore, my laptop is now out of charge so I'm not able to troubleshoot any battery issues. My first guess is that it is a problem with the charger or charging port itself, as I tried turning it on charged with the battery out and I tried removing any excess electricity, all to no avail. I would like to see if there are any ways to solve this issue from home before sending it back for a second time or buying a new charger, so any help would be appreciated

While the charger is plugged in, wiggle the connector around slowly and see if the charge light comes on at all. It's possible either they busted the connector, or even simply forgot to connect the power jack to the motherboard, if it's a separate power board.

Can you double check the output voltage of your charger with a multimeter to make sure that the charger itself is good?

While the charger is plugged in, wiggle the connector around slowly and see if the charge light comes on at all. It's possible either they busted the connector, or even simply forgot to connect the power jack to the motherboard, if it's a separate power board.

Can you double check the output voltage of your charger with a multimeter to make sure that the charger itself is good?

Unfortunately I won't be able to check the voltage of my charger, but when I got it back I did notice the charger was slightly more wobbly than when it first came. I've tried to see if anything is bent but I can't tell. I also looked for a sweet spot where it will charge but couldn't find one. When I press the on button a white light next to the charging port blinks three times if that's any help

Back
Top Bottom