Laptop melting my charger

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a issue with the internal connection that the charger connects to. It has a flaw in it that is conducting heat when you have the charger plugged in and is causign the charger cables to melt. I would get it serviced ASAP before it melts another one.

well i havnt used it after i saw what it was doing. is there anyway i could just buy the part and fix it myself? im not dumb with computers im just not good internally, but my finace is!

well i havnt used it after i saw what it was doing. is there anyway i could just buy the part and fix it myself? im not dumb with computers im just not good internally, but my finace is!

Here's a sample price of the part you'll need. It's best to open it up before ordering any parts. The board may too damaged to fix properly. A lot of these parts places don't give refunds for their overpriced parts.

Acer Aspire 5050 Laptop DC Power Jack : AC91316

This will require the ability to solder CORRECTLY. IF he can do it by all means let him have at it.

i figured it would save me in money and masybe even time and hassel since im working almost all the time! thanks guys!

It will definitely save you money no doubt. The hassel part not so sure about. Could be more depending on how well the soldering goes.

A few years back my high school got a couple iBooks donated form another high school that had some problems. I figured out that for one of them the pin inside the charging cable had broken off in the laptop.

I was able to buy a replacement part which was basically a small pcb with a cord that led to the motherboard.

I only paid like 20 bucks for the part and spent a couple hours fixing the laptop.

Our tech class later gave it to the Principal as a bribe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom