Laptop losing connection - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Old 05-05-2014, 09:16 AM   #11 (permalink)
Default Re: Laptop losing connection

Originally Posted by carnageX View Post
Have you tried hardwiring your friend's PC's into the router and test if it still loses connection when an Apple device connects?

It makes perfect sense actually... Just "adding" the MAC won't do anything; you need to enable MAC Address filtering FIRST before you can add a MAC address to anything.
Carnage for the final time I am asking you to stop.
I already know what mac filtering does I understand the information you are giving me.
Thats why I offered cyrrus that suggestion so his iphone could be on his friends router list.
Just in case his friends netgear router does see the iphone and blocks it by default as non accepted device.
It will have the mac address and it will be on his friends accepted devices that is allowed to connect.
Since the problem isn't fixed I want to see what is going on with his friends connection.

Thank you in advance for understanding.

-RockMan- is offline   Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On