Laptop Keyboard and Touchpad Issues

MarineJ

Beta member
Hey guys (and gals) My issue is pretty straightforward but seems like it just wont go away.

About two days ago I was at a friend of mines and I restarted my computer and all of a sudden the keyboard and touch pad were not working.

The keyboard works in the bios and at the POST. Once any windows components load it stops working, the weird part is that after about 30 minutes to an hour, it works. I'm sure most of you will agree this is not practical at all. I travel a bit so a USB keyboard is out of the question.

It does not work in safemode
I've tried System Restore, System Refresh and Restore to factory defaults.
None have worked.
I've scanned for Malware, rootkits etc... nothing.
Updating drivers for the keyboard and uninstalling and reinstalling did nothing.

The touch pad seems to not work at all. No matter how much time has passed.
The computer is a Dell Inspiron 15 3520 w. Windows 8 64-bit

Let me know if you guys need any more info.

MarineJ said:
I've tried System Restore, System Refresh and Restore to factory defaults.
How "exactly" did you restore it factory defaults? The reason I ask is because of how Windows 8 "recovers" itself doesn't necessarily affect any system files that maybe lost (causing loss of keyboard and touchpad function).

How "exactly" did you restore it factory defaults? The reason I ask is because of how Windows 8 "recovers" itself doesn't necessarily affect any system files that maybe lost (causing loss of keyboard and touchpad function).

I went to settings on the right hand side>change PC settings>General>Remove Everything and reinstall windows and used the advanced startup options there.

Back
Top Bottom