Laptop HD corrupt? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 07-26-2006, 09:15 AM   #1 (permalink)
Content Team
Question Laptop HD corrupt?

Ok so i wake up one morning and my laptop restarted randomly. So what i restart and find that i hear the hd going crazy while trying to read and boot up the OS. So reaching the windows screen where the OS is loading, i find that after 10 mins it wont load. I come back about 10 hours later it loads but neither C: nor the D: scandisk will check the disk it stays at 0%. So i restart thinking i will just delete both partitions and reinstall, but it says i cannot delete either partition. So at this point im not sure what to do. I have an ACER 4500 travelmate, Ive tried to reinstall the partition 104329432 times and it wont and sometimes when i try to repair it says the hd is corrupt or itll bring me to the command line screen of repair xp in which i tried to format the hd but after i thought i successfully did that it didnt do anything. Soo. ... .. . .. . . help is much needed and very appreciated

thanks guys/gals

Old 07-26-2006, 03:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

You can replace the hard drive, but it's a little difficult to do on a laptop. I suggest you return it to Acer if your warranties haven’t expired yet, you can definitely get a free replacement.

This site should give you some illustration , just like a desktop but the laptop is more compact and requires you to be more careful. All laptop are different so the illustration may not be exactly as you expected.

A universal information

Old 07-27-2006, 10:23 AM   #3 (permalink)
Content Team

thnx for the info,

yea my laptop is out of warranty, so i guess i should email acer and make sure i buy the right harddrive. Ask also if they have some general diagram of the layout of the laptop and how i can install this thing.
Closed Thread