Laptop Harddrive Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

V-tek

Baseband Member
Okay have this Compaq Presario 2100, and the original harddrive was having disk read errors, so i got a new seagate harddrive, popped it in, and tried to start a CD recovery, after a few minutes it has a problem extracting a file. So i tried again, but this time it would not boot from the CD, i checked the BIOS and the CD-ROM had the first boot priority, so i got an external CD-ROM thinkin maybe the CD-ROM was faulty, hooked it up via USB, no good, wouldnt go past the COMPAQ screen, so i installed Windows via another Laptop on the Seagate HD, and then tried to put in the Compaq, and all i would get is the Windows Could Start Due To A Hardware Change, so i select start Windows Normally, the little bar starts to fill, but once it gets to the end, nothing happens and then a little while after, the computer turns off...any suggestions...or is this computer a dud ?

You cannot install Windows on one machine, then expect it to run on a different machine.

Try changing the IDE/SATA cable for your harddrive.

Why not, i do it all the time, just none of the computer specific drivers are installed and it asks you to activate Windows...and there is no IDE/SATA cable for this laptop, its an pin adaptor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom