Laptop to Flatscreen Dell U2410 Prob?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bwallace

Beta member
Hi,

Thanks for taking a look at my thread here. I've just purchased a Dell ultra 2410 flat screen and have managed to connect it to my laptop, Dell inspiron 6400. The screen seems to work fine but the image remains centred doesn't fill the screen. I have tried adjusting settings in the display/control panel but with no luck and have also adjusted the settings on the Dell screen osd. Still no change. The image sits in the middle of the screen with 5 inch black border around it.

Any ideas?

thanks for your help,

Paul

It sounds as if you're using a 4:3 resolution when you should be using a 16:9 resolution. Try finding the manual. It should list your monitors native resolution, and with Widescreen LCD it's best to use those.

Try some of these resolutions.
852x480
1280x720
1365x768
1600x900
1920x1080

If this doesn't work, then it's likely a matter of adjusting the width and height of the displayed image through the osd.

Do you have the correct drivers? Nvidea/ATI has a console that should fix this. If you are using Intel graphics, try and get the latest ones from Dell.

Dell said:
Display: Includes the 15.4" WXGA (1280X800) display standard or for brighter, more vivid colors choose one of Dell's TrueLifeTM options: the 15.4" WXGA (1280x800) display with TrueLifeTM or the 15.4" UltraSharpTM WSXGA+ (1680x1050) display with TrueLifeTM

So it should fit a wide screen monitor no problems... Its defiNATELY a incorrect setting.

Have you tried booting with the screen attached? See if windows auto detects it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom