Laptop Fan Buzzing

smashedpumpkins

In Runtime
About two months ago my DC jack burnt out along with my motherboard. Luckily I managed to get MSI to cover the repair and to top it off, they upgraded my motherboard and graphics to a GTX 670m. Here's a thread where I talked about it.
http://www.techist.com/forums/f84/burnt-out-dc-jack-mobo-264938/

I finally received it back but unfortunately the fan has a solid buzz every time I turn the laptop on. If I turn the fan to max and leave it running on max for 5 minutes then turn the fan back down the buzzing disappears until I turn the laptop off for a few minutes.

I pulled it apart but couldn't see anything wrong with the fan. I'm debating if I should try to oil it next. Does anyone have experience with this type of problem and any recommendations for me?

I placed a drop of clipper oil in the fan but the buzzing remains. Sadly, I think something is off balance now as I hear a small noise sometimes coming from the fan. As I mentioned before, if I turn the fan up the buzzing goes away immediately and if I wait long enough, I can turn the fan back down and the buzzing will stay away.

For whatever reason, sometimes I can turn the fan up and down within a split moment and the buzzing is gone where as other times it takes several sets of 5 minutes with the fan turned up for it to go away.

It doesn't seem to be connected to "warming up" as I has thought earlier. I really have no clue what's causing it. Any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom