laptop display problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexpcv

Beta member
i have a COMPAQ laptop and when i turn on the computer the display doesnt work. i hooked up the laptop to a desktop monitor and that doesnt work either. i was away for a month and when i came back this was happening. could having it sitting still for that long have done something? so does that mean i have a bad video card? or what else could it be?
thanks in advance,
Alex

Could be anything.

When plugging it into a monitor, make sure u hit the fn key and f7 a couple times. Becuase this changes the primary monitor. It might be just your main tft screen has gone, not necessarily the grafics card. Post back when you have tried this.

(the fn and f7 key might be different on your laptop, but you need to change the primary display device, all laptops have this.)

If absolutely nothing whatsoever has happened with the laptop while you were gone, there should be nothing wrong with it. The only thing that could have remotely happened is a power surge when starting up after being dead for so long....but tha's pushing it.

If the external monitor connection doesn't work, send the laptop back for repairs. it's screwed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom