Laptop Display problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

jk88

Baseband Member
Hello. I suddenly started having problems with my Dell Inspirion laptop. My screen displays no picture when I turn on the power button. This happened after I was playing a game and suddenly I got a blue screen saying that a "nv4_disp" error and some infinite loop occurred. This has never happened to me before until now. After I got that message I turned off my laptop and turned it back on. When I turned it on I got no picture. I have been turning my laptop on and off a few times but so far no luck.

Also everything else seems responsive such as my keyboard and wireless mouse.

Any assistance is appreciated. Thanks.

Update: After unplugging the power cord and leaving the laptop off for about 10 minutes, then turning it back on, it seems to work. However, after I turn off the laptop and immediately turn it back on the monitor becomes non-responsive again. So basically after turning off the laptop I have to wait 10 minutes to turn it back on for the monitor to display picture. This is really getting frustrating and annoying. Any help is welcome. Thanks.

I would try updating the drivers, but now my monitor seems completely unresponsive again, like it was before.

My laptop just doesnt seem to be booting up. It turns on and it looks like it is booting by the noises it makes for like a few seconds. After a few seconds I dont hear or see the fan spinning or anything. I tried plugging in an external monitor to see if it was the monitor, but the outcome was the same. Please could anyone help me. Thanks

Do you still have the warranty on it? If so, just go ahead and RMA it.

If you don't, which is likely, you will have to open her up and fiddle around. I would first try only 1 slot of RAM if there is/are more than one.

Yeah unfortunately my warranty expired. So about the RAM, are you talking about taking out the RAM and putting it back in? Does RAM cause issues like these?

Many possibilities exsist. Since laptops are so much harder to work on, we have to start somewhere.

If you only have one RAM Stick then it can't hurt to take it our, blow out the slot and try it again. If you have more than one RAM Stick you try one at a time.

But it sounds like the problem is more related to a faulty/dead mobo or proc. Possibley bad power contacts.

Have you tried booting to safe mode? If that works, then it's most likely a driver issue. Get another driver and save to a CD, load off it in safe mode.

The thing is I cant even get to safe mode now because it seems as if my computer isnt booting. I can turn the computer on, but nothing will happen afterwards. It seems to be booting for like a second or two when I turn on the power button, but then it will do nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom