Laptop boot problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

zombie_master

Baseband Member
Gday, I have in my possession an old Hewlett Packard Omnibook that POSTs and then goes to a blank screen. When the laptop is in the black screen it plays a sound to say it has entered Windows and it also plays the CD that I put in but nothing appears on the screen ever. does anyone know what could be wrong and how to fix it?

thanx in advance, Cameron

press F8 after post , select "safe mode" , uninstall the video driver & restart then reinstall it

it goes to a blank screen straight after posting. i tried F8 anyway but it just beeped at me. it is currently running Windows 95 if that is any help in any way.

Cameron

tried holding and still beeps. it also wont boot off my MS-DOS boot disk even though it is set to boot off floppy and then off hard drive

-Cameron

if u know of any commands in DOS that i can do to uninstall the graphics drivers that is good because when it loads windows i can access DOS.

-Cameron

rejoiced too soon :( i can now see what i am doing but windows wont use the LCD screen, i need it to use the LCD as i am fixing this laptop for one of my mums friends who probably doesnt have a spare screen and who wants to use a screen with a laptop anyway?

-Cameron

[EDIT] i have found an option that allows the choice between LCD, VGA and LCD+VGA but windows only allows the VGA and if i try to change it it doesnt work it just goes back to VGA

i tought you alredy saw what you were doing but just not after windows loads , at least so it seemed , set to LCD and unplug the *external* monitor and see how it goes

My laptop has a button where if you hold the FN button down and press this it changes the primary monitor between external and LCD, press that a few times and you should get video, most laptops have this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom