Laptop Bios ERROR 210 -stuck key

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClearSky

Beta member
HI
Trying to bring a Sony Vaio PCG-F560 to life again. It read "error 210 stuck key 3D" when POSTing. "F1 to resume" options or" F2 setup" didn't work as the keyboard wont load. It beeped like a stuck key so I disconnected the notebook keyboard and hooked up an external ps/2 board and it POSTed no problem.CMOS has limited options but I reset to default. Alls well. Got a new replacement keyboard, put it in and loaded my OS's {XP and SuSE}. Worked great for one day and next morning booted into "error 210 stuck key 1F". Again, I'm back to disconnected laptop keyboard and external ps/2.
I havn't been able to get the BIOS flashes for this laptop yet. Waiting for a flash drive and hoping to download them from public library. Any ideas if that doesn't work? I've Googled the hell out of this thing and can't find a similar situation ocurring at POST thats not a straight up hardware malfunction.

Take apart the keyboard. Most aren't that complex, just take a pic of the keyboard layout if needed and keep a close eye on screws and what not and were they go.

Have you tried calling Sony to see if they have an issue with this laptop as to what your problem is.Or check it out on there web site.

Got it

Got it. BIOS update seems to have worked.
As far as Sony goes, I've never owned any of their stuff before but I get the impression that they are not big on self-help. There really isn't any documentation at their site thats not OS related.Questions relating to specific hardware problems must be handled in house in a closed loop. You can't e-mail tech support when you're off warranty and you can't search their archives.The web site is lots of sizzle an no steak.Guess they expect you to get authorized service.
Alls well though,maybe this post will come up in a search someday and help some poor soul who has to use an old laptop like mine.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom