Lagging Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

kira987

Beta member
Hello

I recently bought a new video card and everything worked fine until a few days ago when the video suddenly became sluggish. This causes my games to lag and even to crash my PC at some points. Games like Tomb Raider Anniversary, which uses heavily the video card, give me a lot of trouble I also can´t play any dvds or videos stored in my pc. When I start Windows Media or the dvd player the videos seem to lag or or get stuck only to resume a few seconds later. I tried to uninstall and reinstall the drivers of the video card but everything remained the same. I also tried to update the drivers to the latest version but the result was the same. I also noticed a trojan in my pc and removed it. Is this lag caused by software issue like the trojan or a faulty video card? Currently I have Windows Vista Ultimate edition 32bit, Pentium IV with 3.06 GHZ, 1536mb of RAM and AGP VisionTek Radeon HD 2400 Pro.

Well, your system isn't exactly top notch, but it definitely shouldn't have issues playing DVDs and videos. Check your CPU usage, is it skyrocketing during those sluggish times? Is your video card running excessively hot and possibly overheating? Or is your CPU getting very hot?

Turn your interface in Vista from Aero to Classic.

See if that helps. A 3.0 ghz with 1.5 gig of ram is on the low end. I wouldn't suggest anything but a P4 with 2 gig ram to run any Vista flavor with the exception of Home Basic.

I´m sure my PC is clean I already checked it. I downloaded the Hardware sensors monitor and it says the temperature is 51 C and only using the explorer. The temperature when running a game usually rises up to 61 C, is that normal for a P4?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom