Lag problem after installation of a new fan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prisonbreak94

In Runtime
Hey everyone,

I recently sent my GPU (Nvidia 9800GTX+) to service after it had been overheating (or so I thought). I got it back recently and I was told the temperatures were normal, for some reason, but I didn't really accept it. I went on to buy a new fan, with a 1400RPM speed (It's a thermaltake fan). What is annoying to me is, despite having a (what I consider to be a) beautiful setup, after getting my GPU back and installing this new, faster, more powerful fan, my PC begins lagging. The startup process actually takes quite long, it used to be pretty fast. Two things changed since I saw my last fast startup:

- GPU went to service and came back (Don't see how that can affect PC lag on startup)
- New fan installed (faster, better - proven by lower GPU temperatures that I have monitored!)

I have done virus scans, the PC is clean. I have removed unnecessary things from the startup list, the list is very short anyways, same as ever.

What could be causing these lags? Did I need to make some settings when I installed this new fan? It works perfectly fine, since I have monitored lower GPU temperatures than before!

PS: I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate, 64 bit!

Have you tried uninstalling the video drivers and re-installing the newest drivers.

When you did your clean-up did you defrag the hard drive.

You could also try a system restore to a date when it was working properly.

Thank you for your answer, Slaymate. I currently have the newest drivers for my GPU;
I have done a defrag of my drive, and I don't really want to do a system restore because my GPU was gone for about 3 weeks, and so I don't want to go back three weeks :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom