Knocked power cable out, now wont boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zxzqz

Beta member
I managed to knock the plug out of the wall while the pc was on. Now the pc powers, as in lights and fans come on, but the monitor stays in standby and the pc doesnt seem to boot (dont get windows startup sound). Also the hard disk light on the front stays permanently on even though the hdd doesnt sound like its doing anything. Have tested monitor with my laptop and its fine.

Rough spec:
AMD Athlon 64 3000+, 512 MB, ATI Radeon All-in-wonder 256MB, MSI MS-6741 VIA K8T800 Socket 754 Motherboard (I think)

Any ideas what it might be?
I was kinda expecting it to just start up again tbh...

Please help!

Are you able to get into your bios. Try to hit F8 repeatedly until you get the safe start menu and select last known good configuration. If you cant get into that menu or BIOS you can try to reset the bios with the jumper pin with the power cord unplugged to see if that helps.

zxzqz said:
but the monitor stays in standby and the pc doesnt seem to boot (dont get windows startup sound)

sPlAtOiD said:
Are you able to get into your bios. Try to hit F8 repeatedly until you get the safe start menu and select last known good configuration.

?

try reseting the Bios like sPlAtOiD said, if that doesnt work check for any burnt marks on the 20\24pin power connector because u might of power spiked it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom