Kingston Solid State issues with Abit AN9 32X Motherboard HELP PLEASE !

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyguy

Beta member
Hi guys i need some advice please, i have a Kingston 64GB SSD and my Motherboard is a slightly older Abit AN9 32X. Im having problems with random lockups and crashes, its like the Motherboard doesn't like the SSD. I know the board has an nforce chipset... I've done clean installs etc, installing Win 7 locks up half way using the motherboard SATA ports, so i installed using a pci sata card, but it still sometimes locks up in windows, and sometimes when booting... Anybody out there have any advice please?

I don't have the AHCI option in the BIOS, only IDE and RAID. It's a huge pain, never know when it will lock up..

It should still work on IDE. It sounds like you might have an instability elsewhere instead of the SSD. Is any of your hardware overclocked?

Thanks for the suggestions, i have since solved the problem..., it was to do with the Nvidia NForce Drivers. I uninstalled them and used the Microsoft Drivers insted..., since i did that i have not had a single lock up or crash!

So anyone with the same problem remember Nvidia drivers don't agree with modern SSD.

My nForce 4 DFI LP board would disagree, but I'm not using Windows 7 on that rig. The Nvidia chipset drivers were always shoddy at best anyways.

I'm using Win 7 Ultimate 64bit, it was driving me insane trying to figure out what it was haha.

I'm surprised they even made drivers for that chipset. Now they need to make drivers for my nForce 2 Ultra!

Hmm, i thought i would have to buy a new Motherboard, but since its ok now i will continue using this one until i decide otherwise... The AN9 32X is slightly old now anyways, and Abit are defunct...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom