Kingston Solid State issues with Abit AN9 32X Motherboard HELP PLEASE ! - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 06:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Kingston Solid State issues with Abit AN9 32X Motherboard HELP PLEASE !

Hi guys i need some advice please, i have a Kingston 64GB SSD and my Motherboard is a slightly older Abit AN9 32X. Im having problems with random lockups and crashes, its like the Motherboard doesn't like the SSD. I know the board has an nforce chipset... I've done clean installs etc, installing Win 7 locks up half way using the motherboard SATA ports, so i installed using a pci sata card, but it still sometimes locks up in windows, and sometimes when booting... Anybody out there have any advice please?

Old 04-05-2012, 06:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Send a message via MSN to MindoverMaster
Default Re: Kingston Solid State issues with Abit AN9 32X Motherboard HELP PLEASE !

In BIOS, do you have the drive set to AHCI? Default is usually IDE.

Old 04-05-2012, 06:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Re: Kingston Solid State issues with Abit AN9 32X Motherboard HELP PLEASE !

I don't have the AHCI option in the BIOS, only IDE and RAID. It's a huge pain, never know when it will lock up..
Old 04-12-2012, 05:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
Build Guru

It should still work on IDE. It sounds like you might have an instability elsewhere instead of the SSD. Is any of your hardware overclocked?

Access to my Plex PM me.
Old 04-12-2012, 05:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PP Mguire View Post
It should still work on IDE. It sounds like you might have an instability elsewhere instead of the SSD. Is any of your hardware overclocked?
Thanks for the suggestions, i have since solved the problem..., it was to do with the Nvidia NForce Drivers. I uninstalled them and used the Microsoft Drivers insted..., since i did that i have not had a single lock up or crash!

So anyone with the same problem remember Nvidia drivers don't agree with modern SSD.
Old 04-12-2012, 05:16 PM   #6 (permalink)
Build Guru

My nForce 4 DFI LP board would disagree, but I'm not using Windows 7 on that rig. The Nvidia chipset drivers were always shoddy at best anyways.

Access to my Plex PM me.
Old 04-12-2012, 05:19 PM   #7 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Quote:
My nForce 4 DFI LP board would disagree, but I'm not using Windows 7 on that rig. The Nvidia chipset drivers were always shoddy at best anyways.
I'm using Win 7 Ultimate 64bit, it was driving me insane trying to figure out what it was haha.
Old 04-12-2012, 05:58 PM   #8 (permalink)
Build Guru

I'm surprised they even made drivers for that chipset. Now they need to make drivers for my nForce 2 Ultra!

Access to my Plex PM me.
Old 04-12-2012, 07:27 PM   #9 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Quote:
I'm surprised they even made drivers for that chipset. Now they need to make drivers for my nForce 2 Ultra!
Hmm, i thought i would have to buy a new Motherboard, but since its ok now i will continue using this one until i decide otherwise... The AN9 32X is slightly old now anyways, and Abit are defunct...

Closed Thread