Keyboard support dissapears

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazy_taco

In Runtime
I have recently built a computer using the Epox NForce 4 9NPA3SLI motherboard (Socket 949). It is completed and I am trying to install Windows XP Media Center Edition. I currently do not have a mouse, it is still in the shipping process. I do have an Ideazon Zboard (USB) now. The keyboard does work fine when I edit the CMOS of my motherboard, but when I am installing Windows, it just stops working. I am unable to enter my name/organization/workgroup, etc. The keyboard does work on my laptop. It is done and I am running an AMD 64 3500+.

have you tried another keyboard on that new system see if it works mabey just incompatibility see if a different keyboard fixes it.

lol my specs are almost exactly the same as yours, exept for the video cards. Anyway, I don't want to have to buy a new keyboard.

hmmm just ask a friend to borrow one or bring one over when you see them. see if it works :)

Do you think that it could be a USB problem? I know i can change the support in my CMOS from 1.1+2.0 to 1.1 or disabled. And if I do get windows set up with a different keyboard, do you think I can get my ZBoard running afterward?
Or maybe I can just remove the MoBo battery for a minute then put it back in, because when I rest the CMOS to default settings, it does nothing.

ya try resetting the CMOS and if you do get windows working with a different keyboard it will actually be much easier to get it working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom