Keyboard producing TWO characters on SINGLE key press ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

j4mes_bond25

Baseband Member
Friend of mine called earlier saying every time he types in any key on the keyboard, be it be alphabetical key, numerical key, function key & whatnot, he get 2 letters appearing in his screen, for example type in "a" gives him "letter a AND letter c" & it happens only with few keys at certain times. This happens in all software i.e. Word, Internet, etc.

He tried restarting his PC but as soon as he types in his password in the welcome screen, he's experiencing the same problem & hence can't get his password typed correctly, making the system stopping him from getting into his Desktop/System.

A rather peculiar problem, I've never heard of & couldn't get much help from researching on Internet & wonder if this is a KNOWN problem & if so, how could it possibly get it sorted out.

1) Getting his keyboard work
2) Getting into the system first by breaking the password on the welcome screen, since EVEN when typing the password, he's getting TWO CHARACTERS when all he types is ONLY ONE.

KryptoKnight !!!

KryptoKnight said:
maybe if he holds shift or something... but he may have to buy a new keyboard.

But isn't holding shift mainly to produce characters in UPPER or LOWER case ???

yea, but that happened to me once and i did that. I don't know why, but it worked. Then a few days later my keyboard worked again.

I'd just drive to Wal-Mart or another local store and buy a cheap-o keyboard to avoid the shipping on such a cheap product.

I had a similar thing happen after soda was spilled on my keyboard. Think it was just the circuits being crazy and somehow making contact when they shouldn't be. I'd just spring for a new keyboard honestly as I'm sure it's just a simple problem such as that.

"Heck" I just might have to buy that rosewill keyboard as I need a new one myself :p

For some unknown reason, his keyboard seems to have started to work perfectly well now. However, I wonder, whether it was virus OR spyware OR adware OR anything else that could've been responsible for that. But then again, it's hard to imagine such problem causing from virus, spyware or adware.

In the mean time, it was rather surprising for me to know he DID NOT have any virus removal software, at all, in this system. He's however, now installed the virus removal system.

Oh well, All's Well That's Ends Well .............. as Shakespeare once said ;)

Thanks to every single one, who took their time in helping me out & is greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom