keyboard not responding with xp 64bit new install - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 10-11-2008, 10:15 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default keyboard not responding with xp 64bit new install

Hey guys, I have a small problem with that my keyboard won't respond with a new installation of xp 64. Its a usb keyboard and it does work in bios and I have checked that usb keyboard and mouse are enabled in the bios.
Strange thing is that it worked perfecting with the fresh install but stopped working after i installed my motherboards chipset drivers including a usb 64bit support one and upon restart I came to the said situation.

Anyone have any ideas about where to go from here, I mean I guess it must be something to do with the chipset drivers I installed...

Spec is c2d e4300, GA-G33M-DSR2, 4 gig ram, and the keyboard is enermax aurora.

please help

Old 10-11-2008, 12:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus
Default Re: keyboard not responding with xp 64bit new install

Sounds as if the drivers were the wrong set for your mother board. Go into the Device Manager and roll the drivers back for your USB devices.
I do not accept support questions via EMail, PM, IM or my G+ page!

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

Closed Thread

Posting Rules