Keyboard , mouse & Wi-Fi trouble

DZimmy

Baseband Member
Dear all,
I would like to ask you for a help.
I have two problems.

Number one:
My keyboard and mouse keeps randomly disconnecting. I do not really know how to describe this problem. Mostly it is the mouse which just stops moving, sound of connected device is played and it starts working again. Sometimes even keyboard adds up, led keeps flashing and thats it. I have to reboot the PC, because it never goes back on. I tried different keyboard and mouse, I reinstalled OS, reinsalled drivers, tried to update chipset drivers, USB drivers.
I am starting to worry it's the MB. :/ Any advices?

Number two:
After I came back from holidays my cell phone keeps messing up my Wi-Fi. I have Samsung S9 and every time I connect to wifi the internet stops working for every device. Other devices work just fine when wifi is off on my S9. My phone works fine on office wifi. I tried to reset the router to default settings and nothing. I tried to create another SSID and nothing. I even tried to change the channels. There was a software update for S9 just after I returned home, so maybe something is not working with my router.

Please guys, if you have any ideas. I am starting to be desperate.

Thank you for your further help.
Best Regards,
DZimmy

My setup:
CPU: i5-2500K + CoolerMaster Hyper 212+
MB: ASUS P8Z68-V PRO - Intel Z68
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 FTW ACX 2.0 4GB
RAM: Corsair Vengeance Black 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600 CL8
PSU: Corsair Enthusiast Series Modular TX750M 750W
HDD: WD Caviar Black - 1TB
CASE: CoolerMaster HAF-922 (RC-922M-KKN1-GP)
Router: ZyXEL VMG1312-B30B
Keyboard: Microsoft SideWinder X4
Mouse: Logitech G5

EDIT: Few more info mouse/keyboard trouble - changing the USB port doesn't help. I mean it helps when it gets completely stuck if I change it from USB2 to USB3 that way it works for some time, but starts jamming after a while. Interesting is this problem is not occuring when I am not using the PC.

Last edited:
Dear all,
I do not want to get too optimistic, but turning off USB Legacy support in BIOS may resloved the problem. I wish it would stay this way. I was about to order a new MB.

NOPE, it didn't help. :( I am getting desperate.

On the ohter hand, my WiFi trouble is still a thing. Even tho my phone got an update. :/

Last edited:
With the mouse/KB issue it could be a bad or failing USB port.

No idea about the wifi, though. That's just strange.

@Trotter: Thank you very much for your reply. It is really nice hearing from you. :)
It is weird all of the USB ports, even 3.0, are misbehaving like this. I am already looking for the same MB. You have any idea if the ports could be repaired?

The wifi thing has just been solved. I bought a second-hand modem and it is working just fine. No idea why it was causing trouble just for my phone, but it was obviously failing.

Back
Top Bottom