Keyboard and mouse issues - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 06-30-2011, 05:49 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Keyboard and mouse issues

I have a problem with my mouse and keyboard only during a game (black ops). The standard move keys are w-s-a-d and when I try to set them I get random keys and/or numbers. The keyboard responds correctly when in a document, note or on line form to fill out. It started happening before W7 was reinstalled recently and it continues. Any suggetions?

Old 06-30-2011, 09:34 AM   #2 (permalink)
Default Re: Keyboard and mouse issues

Hey there, have you looked into the game control settings by chance ?
Look at it and tell me whats on default, also check to make sure the number lock is on.
Sometimes without the numberlock some programs and games do get kind of whacked up.
Also this might help or might not but have a look at this:
If you prefer a game controller like I do especially ps2 converted one try it out and see if it helps.

Old 06-30-2011, 11:04 AM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Mike thanks for the reply,
All the settings are in the default state. I clicked on that to make sure I didn't have issues with the settings and yes the NUMLOCK is on.
Old 07-02-2011, 08:24 AM   #4 (permalink)
Newb Techie

I found the problem. My isp is Comcast and they offer a service called Constant Guard Suite. I read in another forum that a comcast customer had the same problem and he uninstalled the suite and it worked. Thanks for the help
Closed Thread