Keyboard Issue / XBOX 360 Controllers

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAVOC

Fully Optimized
Ok, this has been driving me crazy for the last two weeks. Perhaps someone can shed some light on why this is happening?

Hardware:
Logitech G-15 USB Keyboard
Razer Copperhead USB Mouse
(2) XBOX 360 Controllers with Live USB

So what seems to happen is this. On restart if Both XBOX 360 controllers are plugged in to USB ports the keyboard will stop working. The backlighting on the keyboard is on, yet there is no response at all. The USB mouse works just fine.

Now if I unplug (1) of the (2) controllers and restart the PC with only (1) XBOX controller plugged in to a USB, the keyboard will function as it should. As will the (1) XBOX 360 Controller.

If I then plug the second XBOX controller in to a USB port after the PC is ready to go, the drivers/windows will find the controller just fine and it functions fine in all games. (Except the Live button will be flashing full with all the lights instead of just showing that it's controller (2) with one light on the top right side.

Is there anything I can do to get rid of this issue? Something perhaps in windows? It seems that TWO gamepads as input devices are blocking my keyboard?

Have you got the latest set of chipset drivers? What OS are you running? Have you checked for updated software for the devices?

I do have the latest chipset drivers. I'm running Windows XP SP2. The xbox 360 controller drivers are current and I've just updated the logitech drivers.

Still same deal.

Maybe there isnt enough power in the USB to power all the devices? Are you running them off a hub or directly from the PC?

Directly from the PC.

I have 4 USB ports via the modules on the motherboard. I also have one of those separate USB adapters connected to the motherboard via the back I/O plates. (It has 2 USB's)

I've tried a variation of swapping the USB devices around to see if it fixes the problem, but it still is the same issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom