keyboard buttons not responding....

Status
Not open for further replies.

b1gapl

Mod Emeritus
I put this old computer together and when I turned it on everything is fine. But when it says to press DEL to enter setup, I press DEL nothing happens. The keyboard light is on, for example the Num Lock but still nothing is happening when I press DEL. What is wrong here? I tried another keyboard...still the same thing. I know the keyboards are working because they both work on my other computer.

Well the keyboard lights flash whenever I plug them into the PS/2 port, but after that it's off. So could be a bad port. About the USB keyboard...how will it work if drivers aren't installed yet, because I'm in the process of installing windows on a fresh hard drive.

May not work without USB drivers.
And this may sound dumb and I don't mean to insult your intellect, but are you sure it's plugged in to the keyboard port? I ask because I have done it, plugged the keyboard into the mouse port and vice-versa.

do other buttons work, for example does numlock make the light go off and on.

i reckon a usb keyboard would work because the driver does not become operational until windows has loaded as far as im aware. before then its just basic bios drivers.

i can use my usb keyboard to press "del" to access the bios as my computer starts up and im sure many other people can.

None of the buttons work, but only one time did I press the numlock the light went on. But when I tried pressing it again to turn off the light it doesn't respond. So I guess I'll just have to get a USB keyboard huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom