Kernel Power Error 41

Rain321

Solid State Member
Hey guys,

So I've been dealing with an insanely annoying auto computer restart when playing high end games like Farcry 4 but if I play something like League of Legends the PC runs like a dream.

I have run memtest and the memory has tested just fine, I've also taken out all the ram slots and tested them all out individually and it still happened.

I was also informed that the multi-socket power strip I used to plug my monitor/PC and other stuff into could be the cause so I tried changing the power source but to no avail.

I recently upgraded my graphics card and I still have the same issue (this would also happen with my previous GFX card).

I checked the event viewer on windows and I get the following under the Critical Kernel Power Error 41 tab:

The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.
System

- Provider

[ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
[ Guid] {331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}

EventID 41

Version 2

Level 1

Task 63

Opcode 0

Keywords 0x8000000000000002

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2014-12-26T17:38:54.108018600Z

EventRecordID 26096

Correlation

- Execution

[ ProcessID] 4
[ ThreadID] 8

Channel System

Computer Ivan-PC

- Security

[ UserID] S-1-5-18

- EventData

BugcheckCode 0
BugcheckParameter1 0x0
BugcheckParameter2 0x0
BugcheckParameter3 0x0
BugcheckParameter4 0x0
SleepInProgress false
PowerButtonTimestamp 0

PC Specs:
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 960 @ 3.20GHz
12 Gigs of Ram
GFX Card: R9 290 X Windforce

Is there anything else I could try? Or is it safe for me to assume it's my power supply?

Can't thank you enough for taking the time to read my post.

Ivan.

This is a pretty common issue with ATI/AMD graphics cards... Have you tried fully uninstalling and reinstalling the latest graphics drivers for your system? Make sure you fully remove all graphics drivers, and install the latest from the AMD/ATI website.

Hey guys,

I was also informed that the multi-socket power strip I used to plug my monitor/PC and other stuff into could be the cause so I tried changing the power source but to no avail.

Can't thank you enough for taking the time to read my post.

I need to know what psu you have, please look on the side of the psu and tell us what you have.
Model number and wattage you would be perfect.
HWMonitor CPUID - System & hardware benchmark, monitoring, reporting
Download this for us, run it and screenshot it and bring it back here.

Back
Top Bottom