Keep's corrupting!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shumway

Fully Optimized
Trying to get my friend's comp back up and running but i have a problem,Every time i try installing window's either 98 or xp it corupt's it's self,At first i thought it was just the hard drive failing so i switched it out for a known good one and it doe's the same thing,Next i tried switching the mem but still a no go :mad:

Anyone have anymore idea's on what could be causeing this?

As in missing file's and crap like that,It will boot fine the first time after each install but crap's out after trying to do all driver's etc,I would try to give what it say's but it's alway's a different file corrupt each time i try to boot :mad:

try switching the RAM slot, might be out dated and dead, and then install OS.

try also resetting the CMOS even tho it has nothing to do with the issue but its worth a try!

make him a bootable floppy disk with microsoft memtest and a HD diagnostic software and make sure that the HD and RAM are usable

I'm just giving up on this piece of crap,Spent 2 day's on it so far and i'm getting no where,I know for a fact everything i put in it work's and it's still doing it,It's only a p3-450 so it's not something you feel bad for when you toss it out ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom