Keep Losing LAN Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

leonardmp92

Daemon Poster
Hello,

Have a Toshiba Satellite Laptop, for some reason or another, I keep losing the LAN driver so my LAN drop doesnt work. Not sure if it is CCleaner or some other app that is getting rid of it. Any advice?

Thank you.

Do you have vista?

if So, I've heard of windows updates knocking off network drivers. Stop windows updates (roll em back) and see if that helps. If it does Post back.

I have Vista. I assume "rolling back the updates" is fairly easy? First time I have done this. Do you know if it is a specific update?

Thank you.

***EDIT*** Do this first
Make sure you check the manufacturer for the latest driver for your device. Which Actually should be your first step. Man I'm going backwards on this... Yea, Check the manufacturer for the latest driver first before doing all the other steps. **EDIT**

This is hard for me to answer because I haven't Done it in vista as of yet. But you can go to device manager and go to the network device that shuts off and roll back the driver.
right click my computer/properties/device manager under networking right click the device go to properties then click on Rollback driver.

another solution someone has posted in another forum after a few searches says to check and see if vista is running the device in a "power saving mode" If Vista might be turning off the device to save "power" Turn that function off. You will find this function in the same area in the device manager.

If the roll back of the driver works for awhile then it messes up again, It might be a windows update or a software conflict of some kind at which case we will go from there.

Thanks.

1. I dont know what type of LAN card I have, cant find it anywhere on any websites.

2. When I go to the device mgr, it doesnt even show the LAN driver, just the wireless one.

3. Will try to power thing, but still dont see the device in device mgr

Thanks.

Thanks.

1. I dont know what type of LAN card I have, cant find it anywhere on any websites.

2. When I go to the device mgr, it doesnt even show the LAN driver, just the wireless one.

3. Will try to power thing, but still dont see the device in device mgr

Thanks.

if its not on there go to "add Hardware" under control panel.

Let it do a search of your PC and see if it picks it up automatically. If it does, when its finished installing, then go to device manager and see if it lists your device there.

(otherwise I'm curious as when you restart the computer the computer doesn't recognise the hardware that is there automatically. Probably another vista issue. :( )

**oh can you post the model number of your toshiba laptop**

Hello, thanks again for your help.

I have a Toshiba Satellite L305D, still cant find the type of LAN I have.

Whats the numbers after L305D. Check the bottom of the computer there should be some numbers behind it that will further specify what modle it is.

Like for example I have a toshiba A105(This is where you ened)-s4284 <(this is what I need)

S5874.

I cant even get the computer to provide me any info on the LAN NIC. I will need to find it somewhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom