Keep getting the bccode 1a error after blue screen

notch01

Beta member
Hey guys,

Ive recently installed a new graphic card, Asus eah5450 on my win Vista desktop. I updated to the latest drivers. Every since then, i keep on getting this error message every time my computer idles for 20-30mins.
First my computer kept on freezing after rebooting it, i googled it a bit and found out to add a new reg_dword , headless and set value to 1. That fixed the freezing but now, this new problem keeps on giving me the blue screen and then it reboots itself. Any guidance would be appreciate it.
The bccode usually changes but this is the most recent one.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.2
Locale ID: 4105

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1a
BCP1: 00041790
BCP2: C0802066
BCP3: 0000FFFF
BCP4: 00000000
OS Version: 6_0_6002
Service Pack: 2_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini101912-01.dmp
C:\Users\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-45552-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\AppData\Local\Temp\WEREF0F.tmp.version.txt

Read our privacy statement:
Privacy Statement for the Microsoft Error Reporting Service

I tried to reseating both sticks. They now look firmly in place.
Power supply is DC output 250W
Input: 100 - 127 v
output: +5v / 25a max +12v /14a max
I will also do the memtest.

Oh, that makes a lot sense now, i guess i'm going to have to upgrade my power supply. This is an old pc that was laying around and thought i'd upgrade the graphic card for dual monitor. I'll look around for a better power. Thanks guys

A recommendation for a power supply: Any Antec or Corsair that have high enough outputs. Those are my two trusted companies... Never had 'em break yet :tongue:

A recommendation for a power supply: Any Antec or Corsair that have high enough outputs. Those are my two trusted companies... Never had 'em break yet :tongue:

What do you think of this one?

Corsair TX650 V2 650W ATX 12V Single Rail 53A 24PIN ATX Power Supply Active PFC 80PLUS Bronze

Not very sure how to check if it fits my pc though. Not familiar with the pins

My friend's had one in his computer for a good year and a half now with nothing gone wrong, looks good to me.

Usually they're pretty universal, unless you have one of the slim PC's or something.

Its a very good power supply, but way over size.

you only need 400W so unless you plan on using it for a new build eventually, its a waste of money.

You can easily get good upgrade path with a 550W, like an Antec 550 green, or even the Seasonic 520. Whicxh is the same as the old corsair 520hx, which I have powering a i7 950 overclocked, a gtx260.

But as If said above, if its not a slim line.

What is the old computer?

Back
Top Bottom