Just got Sapphire ATI 4850 1 gig

Status
Not open for further replies.

RogueSeven

In Runtime
Okay hey

as some of you know i ordered a new case, cpu cooler, graphics card (the 4850) and a power supply recently...everything runs great, except for this. when i play counter strike source sometimes it randomly freezes and the sound keeps repeating and then when i close the game and go back into a server i get "wrong scroll page" or something like that...it usually means that the server is on the wrong patch or i am...that isnt true, so i dunno what is up with that.

i also remember on some games (before and after the 4850...i used to use a nvidia 8600 GTS) it would just freezeup for a second and then go, i think this might have to do with my internet or network card (using the one on my mobo atm, will prolly buy a cheap pci one soon, i dunno)

this started happening after i reformatted on sunday (was about the time to do the annual reformat). i went through the reformat smoothly i believe, backed up a couple things on my second hard drive but completely reinstalled games. one thing that bugs me when i start my comp i get a choice between 2 windows XP home editions. if i try to choose the second one this is an error or something, not sure what it is exactly. but the first one is the one i just made with the reformat, could this be affecting my computer, causing freezeups and such?.

My suggestion is to reformat completely.
After reformatting, install all windows updates FIRST.
Then install other drivers.
Also, don't install the drivers from the sapphire site, download them from ATI.
Check your computer and make sure everything is hooked up properly.

yeah, i used the drivers from ATI, what do you mean by reformat completely? i thought that is what i did.

well if you have two installs of windows, you did not delete the old partition. Delete the old partition, then reformat, then install windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom