Just built a new computer and monitor won't find a signal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

qeadwsx

Beta member
Hey guys so I just built a new comp with the following parts:
Asus Sabertooth x58
i7 950
Geforce 470
GSkill PI 3x2GB
Corsair 750TX 750W PSU
WD 1tb GB HDD
Asus dvd burner

I plugged in my monitor and nothing shows up, it says there is no signal.
My friend told me to go into the bios and switch the onboard display setting or something like that and it'll fix the problem.
The thing is, I can't get into bios and change anything if my monitor won't show anything.
I've tried to use my dad's more recent monitor and it didn't help.
I'm sure none of my parts are DOA and are all fully functional.
Any way can I fix this? Thanks.

Reseat your memory. If there is a chip that isn't seated properly this could happen. Does it beep? If not then something isn't connected. There should be a secondary power source in the top left hand corner of the board near the CPU. It's a small plug, if that isn't plugged in it won't beep. Is it on board video? If not and you have a video card installed, reseat the video card and ensure the power supply is to it.

Make sure you try to plugging the monitor into every HDMI and VGA port on the motherboard. The video output might be going to a different port then you are using.

If all else fails take out the video card and plug into the VGA or HDMI plug that is probably on the mother board. If it works then there is something going on with your video card.

Also make sure that all plugs are securely plugged in and if it keeps happening try it on a different monitor as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom