Just built my PC, nothing coming up on the screen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The GPU is not the only factor in need of PSU Wattage.

Something is wrong with your RAM or another component. As suggested earlier, run with bare essentials, and see if it works.

do you have the 24 pin mobo connection hooked up? im wondering because your psu only has a 20 pin.

I'm about to go check on that.

MoM, I am going to do the bare essentials thing when my pro guy comes back, that sounds like a good idea. Cause then if it doesn't work we know it's the PSU, right?

Muffin,

You were right about the 24 pin! It IS hooked up, but 4 plugs are empty because the PSU is 20 but the Mobo is 24...

Is that the issue?

Photo attached!

Edit: I just looked at the old Mobo, which worked fine. It also has a 24 pin, so it was connected that way before without an issue. Old Mobo is an Intel 925x

Attachments

• 24pin.jpg
    24pin.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 71
Heres his actual psu: BigBruin.Com - PC Power and Cooling 510 ATX-Deluxe PSU Review

Theres a pic belw that shows a plug... is that not the P4 connector? thus the 20 + 4?
pcpower510-77-b.jpg

http://www.bigbruin.net/reviewpics/pcpower510/pcpower510-77-b.jpg

That is the plug pic. It's 20pin -- It says P1 on it. That's what's plugged into my 24 pin Mobo on the pic shown in my post above.

But it worked fine on my old Mobo which is also 24pin, so I didn't think it was an issue.

Again, everything on the inside powers up and fans spin on all components fine. Even the Monitor/Keyboard gets power, they just don't boot up.

I called the local computer store, they have a 24-20pin Adapter for #3.99.

I'm gonna run get that now cause even if it's not the problem it wont hurt to have it.

If it is the problem, then yay. I'll let you guys know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom