Just built my computer...of course theres hardware trouble!

Status
Not open for further replies.

turboxchaz

In Runtime
I just turned on my computer. I hear this loud noise. Not sure if that's suppose to happen, but it sounded like the rear fan. Either that or the system is buzzing to let me know that theres an emergency...and then I try to turn on my monitor but nothing shows up. Did I mess up my hardware with static?

I just turned on my computer. I hear this loud noise. Not sure if that's suppose to happen, but it sounded like the rear fan. Either that or the system is buzzing to let me know that theres an emergency...and then I try to turn on my monitor but nothing shows up. Did I mess up my hardware with static?

Check the fan over your processor also...

well i opened the case door once and started the computer again and the big noise was gone. the issue now is that the graphics card isn't working, or something since my monitor doesn't display anything.

also, does it matter which pci x16 slot i put my graphics card in? also which of the 2 on the graphics card i plug in my monitor?

that doesn't really help, sorry. my issue is about nothing being displayed on the monitor, as if there was no connection to the graphics card.

yes but it might be another component failing not necessarily the monitor!!!!! graphics card does not control everything that gets displayed

oh i did what u asked lol, i'm hooking up the power supply cords right now. i was referring to the POST post.

edit: but of course, there is always a chance that a hardware is dead right? how would i determine that... (dead as in Dead on arrival)

ok did nothing come up even when running on bare components then??? you obviously ave another pc have you tried slotting the graphics card in just incase it is just the mobo that is Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom