Just a brief note from Queue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Queue

Solid State Member
Hello folks:
I am new here and I don't want to step on any toes. I have; as always, lots of questions, and at least as many answers. my most current question is kind of interesting in my, at least a few days of experience, I have never seen this before so I am here seeking the wise and willing to endevor on my behave to puzzle with me how to unlock this box: Dell 4700 service tag 559pp61 has an upgraded cpu SL7PY bios version A10 four sticks of ram white slot ddr2@400 and BLK slot DDR2@667 so 4 Gb please feel free to comment and so forth But the issue is now after several years of service I went and cleande the interior with a ESD vacuum pulled the cooler and cleaned the grease replace the grease yes I know call it what ever it still looks and feels like grease and I know there are all kinds if new products STOP. the issue is after all is assembled the bios displays tyhe dell LOGO and will even when (F2) is pressed show "entering setup" but everything hangs at the point the activity indicator is hung a more than 90 % but stops there even over night. now I have attempted the reset Cmos procedures and have the display change to text of bios structureindicators in dos and then text error "Floppy Diskette seek failure please run setup" or "invalide configuration please run setup" now what is very puzzleing is that I can not read from a floppy disk nor enter setup to change anything ANY SUGGESTION?:wtf: lets twist it shall we see if we can break it all together and send it to the recycler where it probably belongs BUT FUSRT lets twist it and see if it will still spin fast enough to watch netflix.
"

So it is to cold in my LABORATORY to work comfortably so this can is setting on my kitchen table I don't have a powersupply tester on hand ( in the shop across the county line from here)
any way I though I cound maybe download a current flash drive diskette from some place and blast the chip into movement?
or gather a similar machine that has a functional drive and PS and maybe swap some parts around and take down 2 of these old boat anchors with one game

My idea is that I believe the ram is good but maybe in conflict I believe the power supply is good but may have some failures as well the indicator leds on the riser show a not recorded configuration on the dell manuals they are as follows once settled Green Yellow Yellow Green now that can mean any number of things but most probably is a floopy disk failure so I clear the cmos and disconnect the floppy drive plug the can back in and same eventual scenerio floppy drive diskette seek failure with or without same result. next step
comparitive with known good components from simmilar machine>

I'm just warning you (because I did it when I joined). Double posting is against the rules, and so is quadruple posting. Just click the edit button (looks like a pencil) and add on stuff. I would do it fast before an admin or Mod gets upset.

okay so how do I delete now that I am entering a dialogus in my original post ?
I would delete the additional 3 posts but the app only allows for edit and save
and indicate too short to save if deleted maybe leave 1 digit?

okay so how do I delete now that I am entering a dialogus in my original post ?
I would delete the additional 3 posts but the app only allows for edit and save
and indicate too short to save if deleted maybe leave 1 digit?

Unfortunately I don't think you can delete. One of the mods or admins will be able to do it for you. I HIGHLY doubt they will get mad since your sort of helpless in this case. Besides you sound like a perfect addition to this forum.

Dell pc's are notorious for having the bios default to AHCI and that would keep your hard drive from being recognized. Go into the bios and change the setting from AHCI to IDE. Reboot back into the bios and see if the drive is listed, set it as the first device in the boot order

I believe I stated that My boot hangs at the dell logo screen and that I have attempted to clear the cmos with no change any more ideas? I am looking for a flash bios boot disc something taht starts before the dell logo screen displays

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom