Jumper Setting on Diamond Max 10 SATA

Status
Not open for further replies.

mclarko

Solid State Member
The problem is that the jumper on this HD has come off and I dont know where to put it back on correctly.

I have a Maxtor Diamond Max 10 6V300f0. The only refernece to the jumper settings is in the MAXTOR PDF manual, which states:
"To ensure proper operation of your drive, do not use the jumper pins to the right of the SATA interface cable."
http://www.maxtor.com/_files/maxtor/en_us/documentation/installation_guides/sata_installation_guide.pdf

Furthermore, the PDF shows only 3 pins in the diagram , wheres my HD has 4 pins.

Can anybody enlighten me? Its stupid, cos the manual says how great this SATA drive is cos you dont have to worry about jumper settings for slave, master , CS etc, and yet theyve given me a another set of jumpers to figure out - just when i was getting my head around the last lot!

Rgds
Malco

have you left it off and tried to plug it in... SATA doesn't use jumpers and that might have been for default settings. You shouldn't need it what-so-ever...

Nukem said:
have you left it off and tried to plug it in... SATA doesn't use jumpers and that might have been for default settings. You shouldn't need it what-so-ever...

Im afraid it does need jumpers. Something to do with matching BUS speeds. I just cant find documentation about the jumper settings. The jumper has come off and I dont know which pins it bridged.

Rgds

Malco

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom